Watch our video below to see how to assemble the Solid Wood Bed. You can also read more detailed instructions below, and for disassembly instructions, scroll to the bottom:
Before you begin
- We recommend putting this bed frame together with two people.
- When using the screws in assembly, it is usually easiest to start screwing them in by hand, then switching to the Allen key once you can no longer use your fingers.
- The Allen key has both a short end and long end. Use the one that is easiest based on the room you have available for each screw.
1. Open the frame hardware (P), then lay the two side rails (AR & AL), headboard rail (B) and footboard rail (C) on the floor in a rectangle.
- The sticker side should be facing up.
- Ensure the curved corners of the side rails (AR & AL) are on the outside edge and the notches are on the end nearest to the headboard rail (B).
2. Connect each corner by adding two dowels (R) on each end of the headboard rail (B) and footboard rail (C). Insert the headboard rail and footboard rail into the corresponding holes on the side rails (AR & AL).
Once all four corners are pressed together, secure each corner with a screw (P), screwing through the holes in the indented part of the wood on the headboard rail and footboard rail.
3. Lay the centre rail (D) down in the middle of the bed, ensuring the sticker is facing up. The end with the largest notch should be nearest to the headboard rail (B).
Screw it in place on each end (P).
- Once installed, the center rail should be flush against the footboard. On the headboard, there should be a gap.
4. Twist on six support legs (E) by hand.
- Fasten the support legs by hand until snug. Do not overtighten.
5. Insert one dowel into each of the two angled legs (F). Press each leg dowel into the corresponding hole on the side rails (AR & AL). Ensure the stickers are facing in.
Once pressed into place, use a screw (P) to secure the legs. Screw into the pre-drilled hole on each side rail (AR & AL) through the circular space in the leg.
6. Carefully flip the bed frame over.
7. Place the mattress support beam (H) in front of the headboard rail (B) so it is laying over the centre rail (D). Each end of the support beam will fit into the space on the side rails (AR & AL).
The sticker side should be facing up (down). Screw it in place on each end (P).
8. Insert three dowels into the bottom of the headboard back support (I), as seen in the image below. With the sticker facing in, place it on top of the mattress support beam (H) and press it into place. Secure it by screwing in two screws from the bottom on each end (P).
9. Secure the straight legs (G) near the headboard rail (B) by inserting two dowels into the inside of each leg. Press the leg onto the side rail (AR & AL) in the notched space, ensuring the stickers are facing in.
Secure each leg by screwing them (P) in place through the hole on the inside of the side rail (AR & AL).
10. Next, you will build the headboard support. To start, insert two dowels into each end of the back beam (K), then press the two angled beams (J) into place on each side. The sticker sides of the angled beams (J) and back beam (K) will be facing in.
Secure each angled beam with a screw (P), screwed in through the indented part of the wood on the inside of the back beam (K) on each end.
11. Attach the headboard support to the frame. First, insert one dowel in the top of each straight leg (G) and each side rail. (AR & AL)
Press the headboard support into the frame. Secure it in place by screwing (P) through the back of each straight leg (G) and from the bottom of each side rail (AR & AL).
12. Unroll the pre-assembled slat kit (L) and lay it across the frame, resting on the ledges inside the side rails (AR & AL). Fit the outermost slat on each end in between the two notches of wood on the ledge of the side rails.
13. Finally, install the headboard at the head of the bed. Using the long screws (Q), secure the headboard in place through the back of the back beam (K). Use three screws to attach the headboard to the back beam (K) and two screws to attach the headboard to the headboard back support (I).
14. Have sweet dreams on your new Solid Wood Bed!