|Endy Sofa Box Contents|
4x Corner legs
4x Corner plates
8x Thumb screws
1x Back cushion
1x Bottom cushion
2x Centre legs
2x Centre plates
4x Thumb screws
Note: We recommend putting this sofa together with two people, so ask a friend or family member for help!
1. Carefully remove all parts from the packaging and identify nothing is missing.
- A. Note: The legs, leg mounting plates and hand screws are found in a clear package within each of the seat boxes. There is an extra set of legs and plates for each 2-seater and 3-seater sofa. Please save these in case you ever need to replace the legs on your sofa.
2. Line up seats on the floor and bring backrests up. Tip seats back so the backrest is lying flat on the floor. Position the arms next to seats so their connectors line up.
3. Next, you will be attaching seats together. Please note the following:
- A. Begin assembly from left to right.
- B. Always insert one connector at a time.
- C. For many, the easiest seat connector to start with is the one on the seat base.
- D. If needed, enlist a friend to help apply pressure where needed to keep the pieces aligned while you push down the latch on the top arm connector.
4. Attach the left seat to the left arm: Insert the black peg on the seat into the bottom connector on the arm, and the metal peg on the backrest into the top connector on the arm.
Ensure the latch on the top connector on the arm is upright before you insert the metal peg connector from the backrest. Once connected, push down the latch.
5. If you are putting together an armchair, skip to step 7. If you are putting together a 2-seater or 3-seater, attach the middle seat to the left seat by inserting the black peg on the middle seat into the bottom seat connector on the left seat. Then continue with inserting the metal peg connector from the backrest of the middle seat into the top connector on the left seat.
6. If you are building a 3-seater, continue by attaching the right seat to the middle seat by repeating step 5.
7. Once all of the seats are connected, attach the right arm to the right seat by inserting the arm connectors into the seat connectors. Attach the right arm to the right seat by inserting the black peg on the bottom of the arm into the bottom connector of the seat, and the metal peg on the top of the arm into the top connector on the backrest of the seat. Ensure the latch on the top connector of the seat is upright before you insert the metal peg connector from the right arm. Once connected, push down the latch.
8. Next you will be attaching the legs to the sofa. Please note the following:
- A. If you are building a 2-seater or 3-seater sofa, you will have an extra set of legs. Please hold on to these.
- B. If the screw holes don’t line up, ask a friend to apply pressure to the sofa until the holes line up with the leg mounting plates and you can screw in the hand screws.
9. Start with the leg package from the box of the arms. The mounting plates from this package will feature an arrow. Place the mounting plate so it is flush to the bottom of the sofa and so that the arrow is facing outwards towards the corner. Align the screw holes in the leg mounting plates with those on the sofa and screw into place by hand, slowly tightening the screws little by little on each side. You will use two hand screws with each mounting plate.
10. Place the mounting plate horizontally across the middle of two seats and use one hand screw on each side. Ensure you are using the two holes closer to the middle of the sofa so the mounting plate doesn't stick out and weight can be distributed evenly. Align the screw holes in the leg mounting plates with those on the sofa and screw into place by hand, slowly tightening the screws little by little on each side.
11. Remove the black rubber cap from the screw on each leg, then screw one leg into each mounting plate by hand. Screw in the leg tightly until it is flush with the mounting plate and the leg is straight.
- A. If the leg is screwed in tightly but still does not seem straight, it means that one side of your leg plate is tighter than the other side, or your leg plate is not flat on the bottom of the sofa. Play with the hand screws and place the plate flat on the sofa until you get a straight leg.
12. Adjust and lock the toggle latches along the bottom of the seats.
13. Carefully lift and flip the sofa upright onto its legs.
14. Place the seat cushions and the back cushions onto the sofa, with the zippers facing in and either the solid or tufted upholstery facing out.
15. Finally, sit back and relax! Take a picture to show us what your new Endy Sofa looks like and share it with the hashtag #EndyAtHome!